Friday, August 12, 2016

Last Package for Elder Johnson!

So I sent this off a while ago and I'm just getting it up on the blog. This is my very last care package for Elder Johnson while he is on his mission! Can you believe it!!! So here it is! I decided to do kind of like a summer theme. Anyone is more than welcome to take any ideas here :)

This is with everything. Now let's break it down!

 This is the box on its own.
The flaps of the box read "The only thing hotter than summer heat is...you!"

Wrote a little note :)

Some war heads, kool-aid, and otter pops
War heads tag reads: "I am EXTREMELY proud of you!"
Kool-aid: "Ocean Water"
Otter pops: "If things get rough, FREEZE and start to pray!"

Chalk, CTR gummies that I got from Deseret Book, water guns, stress relief lotion and a blow up Frisbee that I got from my work.
Chalk: "CHALK up your testimony with somebody!"
Water guns: "SHOOT down any negative thoughts!"
Stress Relief Lotion: "Don't STRESS babe!
Frisbee: "CATCH the wave of missionary work."

Water balloons, bubbles, and a blow up beach ball and a knapsack of hope.
Water balloons: "SOAK yourself in the spirit."
Bubbles: "Don't let anyone burst your BUBBLE! You have the Lord on your side."
Beach ball: "Continue to have a BALL on your mission."

This is the knapsack of hope I made for him. I put in it a STAR, STRING, ERASER, RUBBER BAND, BAND AID, BATTERY, PENNY, and a HEART. Hopefully you can read the picture for what each of them mean.

My missionary asked for some scripture stickers and tabs and I got him one last tie and tie holder thing that I got from the missionary store in Orem, Utah. 
The tie: "Bind them continuously upon thine heart, and TIE them about thy neck. -Proverbs 6:21"

Then I made those picture things which is something I have done for Wyatt during his mission. I'll go more in depth for those.

So for those who are just jumping in on this blog, I gave Wyatt a binder and every now and then I would give him some of these to update him on my life. That way he can also see what I've been up to. If you want to learn more about how I did the binder and the idea around it then you can just follow this link: http://missionarygirlfrienddiary.blogspot.com/2015/04/keep-him-posted.html

13 months continued

Some more from month 13.

14 months since we've seen each other

14 months continued...

The end of 14 months/the start of 15 months

15 months continued...

16 months

16 months continued...

17 months down!

The end of 17 months/and going onto 18 months!

18 months continued...

18 months ending/19 months starting

19 months continued...

Some more of 19 months

Twenty months! Can't believe he's been out that long!

20 months continued...

21 months

Sorry it flipped...but the end of 21 months! 

I plan on finishing up his binder when he comes home. So months 22-the end - I'll make sure to post those on the blog for all to see. I'm a little sad that I won't being doing month pictures anymore...which in a different post...another day, I plan to post all my month pictures so they are in one place :D
Most of the stickers and scrapbooking papers I got from Walmart, I got some also from Michael's. 
The thing I love about doing this, it's really not that expensive and you can make it as simple as you want or go all out and either way it will look cute! Plus, all he really cares about is the fact that he will have pictures of you :) 
When I printed my pictures out, I always used Walgreen's and I recommend them cuz they always have coupons for their prints so they end up being a load cheaper than you planned for! But you can order prints from lots of places!

All packed and ready to send off! Seriously can't believe I won't be making these anymore. It's kind of bittersweet! I loved putting my heart into these cute packages, but I'm also happy that I don't have to carve out a chunk of time and money for them haha. And now I'll be able to see his face when he gets his gifts from me! Most of the things I found for this package, I got at the dollar store! So to you new missionary girlfriends or missionary moms...when you are making these, they don't have to cost you an arm and a leg every time. Your missionary is just grateful for thought that you put into it and that it comes from you! The most expensive thing I got for Wyatt in this package was probably either the scripture stickers or the pictures and sending the box itself was about $20. If you have a missionary in the states, I would suggest using your own box cuz that tends to be cheaper than doing the priority mail box option.

Alright! I think that's everything! I'll keep you all updated as time gets closer to when I am reunited with Elder Wyatt Johnson! Less than 20 days left! But who's counting?! ;)



No comments:

Post a Comment