Tuesday, January 20, 2015

Open When Letters!

So I did these forever ago, but I thought I would finally put it up! I love "Open When..." letters! There are tons of different ideas and different ways you can totally do these, but they are just the cutest! So here's what I did for my "Open When..." letters to Wyatt :D I made all of my envelopes out of scrap booking paper and they turned out super cute and are a lot stronger than just regular paper.



1. Open Now...


Includes:
  • One page note
  • Three inspirational quotes
  • A Tie 
  • A map with his mission and where I am with a long distance quote that says, "Together forever, never apart. Maybe in distance, but never in heart."
  • An Inspirational Talk (The Divine Call of A Missionary by Elder Ronald A. Rasband)
  • Handful of kisses
  • A couple of pictures of me (Not shown in the pic above)

2. Open When...You're Having a Bad Day


Includes:

3.  Open when....Just needing some fun



Includes:
  • 1 page letter
  • 2 Sudoku puzzles
  • 1 word search (of all my favorite things)
  • 2 coloring pages
  • 1 Crossword (all about us and the answers are in a little envelope)
  • 1 Maze 
  • Colored pencils
  • 2 play frogs
  • 2 toy flutes

4. Open When...You Need A Lift


Includes:
  • 1 page letter
  • 1 Uplifting talk (I used "Laborers in the Vineyard")
  • A set of lyrics to a song we both like
  • 1 "Sweet Talk" Paper (found at http://knockknockstuff.com/product/sweet-talk-nifty-note/)
  • 1 mini envelope with balloons inside that have messages on them, also has a picture of a balloon that says "Let It Go"
  • 2 Quotes

5. Open When...You Miss Me


Includes:
  • 1 page letter
  • 1 "Sweet Talk" Paper
  • 1 "Daily Reminder That I Love You" notepad (found it at Seagull book)
  • 1 Tie
  • Lyrics to "I Won't Give Up" by Jason Mraz
  • Tons of pics of me
6. Open When...You're Angry


Includes:
7. Open When...You're Bored


Includes:
8. Open When...You Need My Love


Includes:

  • 1 Page Letter
  • Lyrics to "A Thousand Years"
  • 1 "XOXO" sticky note
  • 3 Quotes
  • Heart Confetti
  • Frog with quote (It was something to the effect of kissing enough frogs and finally finding my prince)
  • 1 Tie (I followed a YouTube video I found on Pinterest...I don't know the link...Sorry!!! If you want to know though, comment and I can try to find it)
9. Open When...You're happy


Includes: 
  • 1 Page Letter
  • 4 pictures of the two of us
  • 2 Quotes
  • 1 "Sweet Talk" paper
  • 1 "XOXO" sticky note
10. Open When...It's Your Birthday


Includes:
  • 1 Page Letter
  • Quote - "Life should not only be lived, it should be celebrated!" 
  • A few candles 
  • 3 Balloons
  • 1 Noisemaker
  • 1 "Sweet Talk" paper
  • 1 "XOXO" sticky note
  • Birthday Confetti
11. Open When...You Want to Learn More About Me


Includes:
  • 1 "XOXO" Sticky Note
  • 2 Pictures
  • 730 Facts About Me
(This one was a last minute one...I wasn't going to do it and then had the thought to do it. It means a lot actually because when Wyatt and I first started dating, he knew I had a wall and didn't want to pressure me into opening up to him, but he felt a little hurt that other people knew more about me than he did...so this was to show him that I trust him with every little thing in my life...past, present, and future!)

12. Open When...You're Almost Done


Includes:


I loved making these! They do take a lot of time but they are just so awesome and they are actually tons of fun to make! So worth it! 

Oh! And you can find some really good and cheap ties anywhere...I found http://www.cheap-neckties.com/ after I made these but their ties are so awesome and I'm in love with them! Also, the talks I sent to Wyatt, I made sure I read through them a couple of times and I even underlined and wrote notes on the copy I gave to him so he could know what I was thinking while I read it and we could later talk about it. 
Also, I used http://uptonogoodwithholly.blogspot.com/2013/06/open-when-letters.html as a guide for me, but I did some things differently, which is good because everyone's relationships are different! Hope you enjoyed this and got some ideas for yourself! 

2 comments:

  1. Wow! These are adorable!!! I'm definitely going to have to steal some of these! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sarah! You are more than welcome to take any ideas! :D

      Delete