Tuesday, August 5, 2014

Hiccups

So I didn't think I would post again this week but I decided I should. One thing about relationships is that there is no perfect relationship. Wyatt and I are no exception. I wanted people to know that we are just like other people. We aren't perfect and we don't pretend to be. We have our disagreements, our misunderstandings, our frustrations, our hiccups. In fact we had one just yesterday. I'm not going to go into detail about it because it wasn't that big of a deal and it's not something that should be dwelt on. But we had one. And I'm lucky that Wyatt does everything he can to make sure that after these hiccups, I recover nicely. Even though we are apart right now as he is on vacation, he texts me to make sure I'm doing alright and that we hashed everything out. 

I love him. 

I've had other boyfriends and sometimes after these "hiccups" they decide it's not worth it to try to continue fighting for each other. That's what made Wyatt different. He wants to make it work and is willing to fight as long as I will fight with him. That's one reason why I love him. 
And even though we will have our hiccups, it's okay. It's expected. We are only human after all. We just have to be willing to work it out and that's what we do.  Because we know that the hiccups in our relationship are temporary but if we chose to dwell on them instead then we will make them permanent in our relationship which will only cause harm later down the road. 

You gotta learn to deal with the hiccups, not try to avoid them. I mean don't go looking for hiccups, but when they come deal with them instead of trying to avoid it. It's worse if you avoid it. 

That's my thoughts for tonight. I love my boyfriend and I'm glad he'll deal with our hiccups when we have them. I'm truly a lucky girl...even with the hiccups. 

No comments:

Post a Comment